Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Would You Make Your Employees Say This?



Have you ever worked in a job that makes you say things to a customer? My first time walking into Chick-Fil-A, I had to tell the employees and managers that they never had to say, "It'll be my pleasure" to me. EVER! It just sounded robotic and very scripted. 
I was checking out at Walgreens the other day and the employee said, "Thank you and be well." I looked at him with my eyebrow raised. "Young man, does you managers make you say that?" The boy then said, "It's actually coorporate that makes us say it. Even the managers have to." That's when I told him that he never had to say that to me. I must admit, Walgreens sounded worse.

Now, say you have a business of your own. Would you make your employees say something like these? Do you think it's a big deal that the employees say these to customers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment